Saturday, June 16, 2012

What I learned from my first exhaust.

Here is my own brand of tutorial. If you want to know the right way go check some where else. Im am just laying out what I figured out while going at this for the first time.
Today I learned that my sawzall is my BFF and grinders fix all your fuck up with exhaust...


1. Making the obnoxious pipe that raps around the bike is super easy. Just make short cuts every time don't rush. keep checking angels and projected end location.


2. tack the shit in to place as you go. dont just hold it up and guess its right then hack in to the next piece. Build it like a lego set.


3. That seemingly easy one bend pipe is the real son of a bitch. one hour on the long pipe three on the fucking short simple one.... yea I am slow as fuck.


4. With the pipe being way to far out I had to do some major hacking. which I do not have photos of because the camera went caput at that point and I was busy globbing weld on to cover that bull shit.  No solid advice for you on this other than cut slow and think about it 5 times before you do it.


ok enough with the list bull shit. to do the smaller bends and line ups I pulled some knowledge from the dice magazine tutorials and made cuts half way around the pipe and pulled it to the right spot and tacked it. Bingo.


Wood blocks are good to have too.


In closing. Buy some pro's pre made $500 bull shit if you want to have a perfect exhaust. But if you want something pretty rad for 80 bucks this was not hard. Grabbed the kit from lowbrow. As for the weld globbing, thats what exhaust rap is for right?

No comments:

Post a Comment